The following Camp courses are available at CFL Summer School. Click on the name of the course to read its description.
Course Delivery Method
IP In-Person Only
DIP Diploma Exam Course
Parkland Summer Adventure Camp
Prerequisite: Completion of Grade 9
Connections for Learning is offering a day program that incorporates canoe paddling, wildlife exploration, outdoor education, and Indigenous ways of knowing.
Students in this active, outdoor summer school will learn about physical education and Canada in a brand new way - all while earning high school credit. Don't miss out on this exciting, affordable learning experience!
Students will have the opportunity to earn the following credits:
- HCS 2020 First Aid and CPR with AED (1 credit)
- WLD1050 People, Culture & Wildlife Heritage (1 credit)
- WLD1060 Wilderness Navigation (1 credit)
- WLD1100 Outdoor Cooking Theory (1 credit)
- WLD1130 Outdoor Survival Skills (1 credit)
- WLD2100 Outdoor Cooking Practice (1 credit)
- ENS1010 Intro to Stewardship (1 credit)
- ENS1040 Living With The Environment (1 credit)
- HSS1020 Nutrition and Wellness (1 credit)
- HSS1100 Nature and Wellness (1 credit)
Locations: Connections For Learning & Camp Yowochas (Township Road 532, Fallis, AB)
Dates & Times:
- July 4 & 5, 8:30am-4pm @ CFL
- Standard First Aid Training at Connections for Learning
- Swim Tests at TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre (221 Jennifer Heil Way, Spruce Grove, AB)
- July 6-15, 8am-4:45pm @ Camp Yowochas
- 8am: Meet at CFL to load bus for Yowochas
- 8:45am: Bus arrives at Camp Yowochas
- 9am: Course activities begin
- 4pm: Bus loads and departs for CFL
- 4:45pm: Return to CFL
- This course has an additional fee of $200 - please see the Summer School Fees page for details. A funding subsidy is available.
- Students may catch a bus from Spruce Grove to Connections for Learning and the camp location. The bus departs at 8:15am and returns at 4:45pm.