My PATH is a community partnership program based at Connections for Learning that offers students a diverse blend of health and wellness activities to compliment the core academic schedule. My PATH is open to students in Grades 1-9 who meet the program criteria.
This unique program of choice offers students enhanced opportunities in physical education, arts, technology and health programming. Students can choose from three CFL program options to fill the core academic portion of their schedule. The My PATH Program is based at the main CFL campus and runs each school day afternoon.
The program focuses on these key areas to support the development of healthy, engaged lifelong learners:
- Physical Activity and Recreational Sport
- Outdoor Adventure and Nature-Based Learning
- Fine and Performance Arts
- Nutrition and Healthy Behaviours
- Citizenship and Volunteerism
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
Please note: My PATH is offered to families at a cost of $250 per month per student. Funding opportunities are available for families who meet the financial criteria.
While the My PATH program is open to all students in Grades 1-9 who register with Parkland School Division, its unique nature may not suit everyone.
Please consider the following to ensure My PATH is a good fit for your child:
- Students selecting My PATH in conjunction with Stony Creek Core typically work in a multi-graded classroom.
- Students often collaborate with their grade level peers, as well as with students in other grades.
- The CFL learning facility is designed with multiple exits and open concept classrooms, with limited alternative learning spaces for one-on-one activities.
- Multiple transitions happen within both the school day and the school year, requiring students to stay flexible and adjust independently.
- Classes may involve levels of noise and movement that are high enough to overwhelm students with sensory processing issues.
- As it incorporates several cross-disciplinary projects, the My PATH schedule is not exactly the same every day, and less well-suited to students who desire (or require) routine.
- Active travel is a big component of the afternoon programming, and students are expected to walk distances of up to 3km to an activity location.
- Students are expected to complete subject requirements outside of the school environment, as much of the afternoon programming is off-site.
- Students are expected to cooperate with adults who are new and unfamiliar to them on a regular basis.
- Families are required to pay a $2,500 fee for the program ($250/month) per child.
If you are considering this learning opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us at the school office to discuss the benefits of choosing the My PATH program.